1) Please share with us your background before joining AnyMind Group Before joining AnyMind Group, I worked in a marketing agency mainly focused on social media management. But I knew I needed something more and a chance to expand my skill set. In AnyMind, I have been able to dive into a whole range of exciting new segments, from influencer management, influencer marketing to production, publisher growth, etc., and get to use proprietary technology for various areas.
2) Explain like I’m five: What do you do in your role, and how does it fit into the wider range of AnyMind Group’s business? My job at AnyMind Group is like being a nanny – but for influencers! I’m a creator growth strategist, which means I’m always on the lookout for awesome and high-potential influencers to join our team. Once they’re in, I’m like their personal assistant, helping them secure brand collaborations and grow their social media accounts. In addition, I also handle some execution tasks such as liaising for brand sponsorship deals, managing live stream events and so on.
But I don’t work alone! I’m part of a big team at AnyMind, and we all work together to help our influencers succeed. For example, when the Influencer Marketing team needs to find the perfect influencer for a brand deal or to onboard influencers onto the AnyCreator app, we help them out; If our exclusive influencers require production support we will liaise with the production team; And if one of our exclusive influencers wants to create their own brand, we team up with the D2C team to make it happen. We’re all here to support each other!
3) How has your time been at AnyMind so far? What are the things that stand out to you about the company? Since I started working at AnyMind Group, I’ve had an amazing experience. One of the things that really stands out to me about the company is the culture. The team is made up of young and friendly colleagues who work together to tackle challenges and celebrate success. I really appreciate the culture of collaboration and how everyone is open to share their ideas and work together to achieve our goals. It’s great to be part of a team that values both hard work and having fun!
4) How is it like working as part of your local team and also as part of the wider regional unit? I appreciate the support and encouragement from my local team. We are always willing to share ideas and listen to each other’s opinions to stay motivated. Working with the regional team has been an opportunity to learn more about different cultures, and I’ve been able to connect with different races in different countries. It’s been a great way to expand my creativity and come up with new ideas. As for unique quirks or habits of the team, I’d say that we all share a strong passion for what we do, and we’re always looking for ways to collaborate and innovate.
5) What are some key traits that you feel people in your role should have, and why? As a creator growth strategist, it’s important to be passionate about the influencer world and have strong social skills. We meet new people every day and need to create a balance between the client and the influencer, not taking sides. Flexibility, creativity, and adaptability are also crucial traits for this role.
6) What is an often misunderstood aspect of your role? While it may seem like we’re just hanging out with influencers over tea or brunch, there’s actually a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes into execution tasks. We also need to balance the needs of our clients and influencers, which requires a lot of communication and coordination. So, it’s not all just fun and games!
7) What is one AnyMind platform that you cannot do without, and why? AnyTag platform is an essential tool for me as a creator growth strategist, as I rely on it to analyze the performance of influencers’ social media accounts. It allows me to evaluate whether they’re a good fit for our talent pool, and to keep track of their progress over time.
8) What is that one favourite local food that you would like to introduce to readers? One of my favourite local dishes is Dry Chilli Pan Mee, which is a dish made with flat flour noodles, minced pork, anchovies, fried onions, and a poached egg. I love it so much that I try to have it at least once a week! If you’re ever in the area, I highly recommend trying it at Madam Chiam Curry Noodle House.
Photo credit: Madam Chiam curry noodle house 媚姨辣椒板面 Facebook page
Keen on starting your #AnyMindJourney? Find a role that you’re interested in here.